Monday 2 May 2022

Monday, May 2 2022

 "Ideas are like children,

your own are beautiful."

(I wrote this in my book of quotations but I didn't note who said it!)

Earlier this morning hubby and I were chatting about the ages of our two children and oh my how can they be 'that old' already? Our daughter is going to be 42 this summer and our son will be 40 on his next birthday. We're lucky to live about 15 minutes from our son and his beautiful family and we can see them as often as we wish. We try to help out with the kids when needed but with Covid around we are being very careful. The kids take tests whenever we need to be with them. Our daughter, unfortunately, lives far away in Toronto and it's been a long, long time since we've seen her. She had tickets to come see us in the spring of 2022 but those were cancelled because of Covid. We're trying to figure out a good time for her visit but she has her own small boutique so it's hard for her to get away. Thinking about her makes me teary today. 


Some of my cookbooks

Cooking: The Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers Cookbook. I think soup is my very favourite food in the world! I truly could eat it every day and never get tired of it. I had to convince Mr P to learn to like soup in the beginning because his memory of soup was limited to his mom's watery Dutch broth with meatballs the size of peas. I love hearty, stew-like soups and brothy, Asian-style as well. Today I am planning to make one of our favourites- a thick and spicy African Peanut Soup.

Reading: Whip Smart by Melissa Febos. This woman is an amazing writer and human being. Brutally honest and authentic. I don't know how she does it. This book is about her experiences as a professional dominatrix! 

Loving: Daphne's Diary. This is such a sweet and beautiful magazine that I decided last year that I needed a subscription. It's just brimming with beauty and positivity and I learn about interesting artists every month. I just renewed my subscription.

Waiting: The hummingbirds are now arriving in Yarmouth which is about 3 hours south west from us! A few have been spotted in the area so hopefully we will be seeing them soon. Because of the avian flu we aren't allowed to put out our birdfeeders but hummingbird feeders are apparently allowed so we'll be getting them ready very shortly. And btw, an Indigo Bunting is attracting attention in Dartmouth at the moment. I guess it's a bit of a rare sighting and I wish I could go see it!

Weather: Lovely sunshine and 5c, with a high of about 13c later this afternoon. I am already hearing several neighbours outside puttering around with various gardening machines. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kim. thank you so much for your lovely comment. I just read your blog post and thought how similar we are. I have two sons who both live fairly close but i do not see them often due to my copd and covid worries. They are 43 and 41 years old. I have 11 grandchildren due to their second marriages etc lol. I am married to Sam and we have been together 44 years. Lol scary. Anyway also i would love to have a subscription of Daphne's diary, was just looking at it the other day and wondering if i could afford to have one. I will at some point i am sure, but not at the moment. I live in the UK and have bookmarked the DD subscription page for the future. Have a lovely day my friend. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Canada it is usually difficult to find DD every month. I think they only carry a few copies and they're hard to find, so it's a BIG treat to do the subscription. It's a chunk of money but I have so few vices- LOL! I'm also like you in another way--I am a collage artist and maker of journals in many forms! It's so nice to connect!

      Delete
  2. I'm getting caught up on my Blog Reads... yes, we too have a Daughter and some of her Children in another Country we haven't seen in Years... another and her Family back East we haven't seen in Years. So I know the Tears part and the Rona worries. With having a multigenerational household here of coarse The Rona burned thru our household, so far The Man and the 16 Year Old haven't caught it or were asymptomatic... with people in School and people working, it's really hard to do the proper Isolationist thing. The Son lives locally so I do get to see him when he has time from work, which isn't often. They do get Old so fast and drag us all along with them, don't they? *Winks* When I think that now our Children are Middle Aged and some of our Grandchildren are nearing 30 quickly, it kinda freaks me out! *ha ha ha*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. omegle text chat

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, May 3 2022

  "Art is simply the name for how you live your life  and how you tell others what you think and feel." ~ Karen Magsamen, Living A...