Sunday 1 May 2022

Sunday, May 1 2022

 "Friendship affirms life!"

~Alexandra Stoddard~

Happy May Day to everyone! At least we have a little sunshine this morning though that will change after noon. I've had a lovely morning so far with my journaling, writing, reading and creating at my desk. This is definitely my happy place and when I am sitting her looking out my window it seems my worries start to fade away. For years I was addicted to watching the news (especially CNN) but at the start of the year I decided to completely stop that habit. It was just affecting me far too much, and in really harmful ways. My dad still watches it and sometimes wants to discuss something with me but I put my hand up and say "stop". I just can't bear the news, especially of Ukraine and the horrors of war. I still get some of it through friends on Facebook but I can scroll past when I don't want to read it. You have to protect your spirit you know. 

I can't wait for my lilacs to bloom!
They are in bud at the moment and it won't be long now.

Listening: Lindin FM radio from Torshavn (Thor's Harbour) on the Faroe Islands (Radio Garden) It's lovely Christian music- a mix of just about every kind- and on a Sunday morning it's perfect. I didn't know that the Faroe Islands are part of Denmark!

Reading: Mythos, by Stephen Fry What a fabulous book! Since I am reading about Greek art this week I thought it would be a good time to brush up on the Greek myths and I already knew about this book so I bought it on Kindle and jumped right in. Fry is such a story teller and makes it easy to remember the whole history. 

Watching: Midsomer Murders Season 18 Episode 3 We are loving this series simply because it never takes itself seriously and is never gruesome. There's a bit of a formula in it but that makes it fun.


2 comments:

  1. Like you, I now only rarely follow the news online. It is alljust too overwhelming sometimes. I amnof sure how many years I have left but I don't want to spend them feeling anxious and depressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Life is too short to spend it obsessed with worry!

      Delete

Tuesday, May 3 2022

  "Art is simply the name for how you live your life  and how you tell others what you think and feel." ~ Karen Magsamen, Living A...