Saturday 30 April 2022

Saturday, April 30 2022

 "We are all born for love.

It is the principle of existence

and its only end."

~Benjamin Disraeli~

Before Covid and during the two years when masks were required and also vaccine passports were used in Restaurants we took dad out for dinner every Friday evening, usually to his favourite place where he would always order the spaghetti. However, now with masks no longer required, and no vaccine passports either, we've decided not to go to restaurants. Instead we do takeouts on Friday nights and while it's nice it's definitely not the same. Last night we got A&W hamburgers and fries, which was delicious and of course the best part is I didn't have to cook or clean-up. Today the Blue Jays are on tv at 4 so I'm thinking something easy like hotdogs. The problem is we like them for one meal but since the packages have 10 hotdogs, they sit in the fridge for a long, long time. Then I sniff them and toss them.

After dinner last night I quietly confessed to hubby that I was about to get a small delivery from Amazon. He asked me what it was and I am sure I blushed as I told him "pens- you know- in case I run out". He laughed at me and said "as if". He's right of course but there were new colours of my favourite pens and I absolutely needed them. Didn't I? You have to admit I have a small addiction but he should be thankful it's not  diamonds. 




The New Colours

Mr P got the taxes done and yippee! we get a nice refund. More pens? LOL!

Weather: 6c and cloudy all day

Reading: about early Greek art in 'History of Art', which led to ordering a book of Greek Mythology on my Kindle. Both Mr P and I love the myths and love to discuss them, He always teaches me stuff since his degree is in Classics. His memory is still really good about the subject. Lucky me!


Listening: Radio Apollon, Athens Greece, on Radio Garden This goes perfectly with the Greek art history and the myths. I know nothing about wine but I sort of understand the feeling that a sommelier would have when I pair the appropriate music with what I am reading about. It's such a fun app!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, May 3 2022

  "Art is simply the name for how you live your life  and how you tell others what you think and feel." ~ Karen Magsamen, Living A...