Monday 25 April 2022

Monday, April 25 2022

 "Success is important only to the extent that it puts one in a position to do more things one likes to do."

~ Sarah Caldwell ~ (American Opera Conductor)

I am a notetaker. I make notes about everything. I make lists, I write in a daily planner, I keep journals, and I have shelves of blank notebooks. I love words, I love reading, I love writing, and I love discovering things. At 63 I am still a student of so many things. Things I've loved since childhood- like dollhouses, and things I'm just now discovering- like British history. One is never too old to learn. Yesterday I dusted off my massive History of Art by H.W. Jansen (well over 600 pages) and decided it is time to actually read it. I do a lot of reading in the early hours of the day, usually starting by 5 AM. I break for a bite to eat at around 7 and then get back to my desk for a couple more hours. I'm simply happy during these hours. I read, study, make notes, and even make art/collages when the impulse stirs. A lot of the time I'm staring out my office window sort of meditating as the sun rises. 

Listening to: Italy Classic Radio on Radio Garden 

Weather: 3c as I rise with a high of about 15c later today (I am hopeful)

Reading: Pictures and Tears by James Elkins (a reread of a favourite book)

Feeling: Slightly anxious without a precise cause- it\s probably just the world

Playing: Wordle- competing secretly with two people




1 comment:

  1. So glad to have found your Blog via you visiting mine... now I'm wading thru your Archived Posts for a good Read. I Love to Write and take Photos so Blogging has been my Happy Place for well over a Decade now. I do delete my Posts now and Purge the Archives fairly consistently to save space, since I'm a prolific almost daily Blogger. I read Blogs more than Books, I like a good Visual Inspiration Book tho' and have a vast Library of Decor Books and Art Books.

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, May 3 2022

  "Art is simply the name for how you live your life  and how you tell others what you think and feel." ~ Karen Magsamen, Living A...